We assist in all aspects of the funds’ formation, governance and operation.
- Defining the fund structure, strategy and associated risks;
- Preparing private offering memorandums, operating agreements, partnership agreements, investment advisory agreements, investment management agreements and other documentation for the fund’s launch and operation;
- Preparing and filing Form D with SEC and submitting “blue sky” state filings, if required;
- Review of marketing materials and advise on marketing of private equity and venture capital funds;
- Advising on foreign and US investor qualifications;
- Advising on AML/KYC compliance;
- If necessary, guiding through SEC and state registrations;
- Advising on applicability of federal and state regulations, including broker-dealer legislation, FINRA rules, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and the Investment Company Act of 1940;
- Establishing offshore feeders for foreign investments;
- Supervising offshore attorneys, fund administrators and auditors;
- Advising in relationships with brokers, custodians and other service providers.
Forming an incubator fund provides clients, usually emerging fund managers, with a cost-effective solution at the pre-launching stage of a fund. Incubator funds can be utilized to test the fund’s strategy and develop a track record before marketing the fund to outside investors.
An incubator fund can usually be established within a few weeks, while the incubator phase typically lasts up to a year. The cost of establishing an incubator fund is usually affordable for emerging fund managers but tends to depend on the number of participants, chosen structure and jurisdiction (domestic or offshore).
We handle all the paperwork expeditiously to get the incubator fund running and seamlessly guide our clients through the incubation phase, including all operational and marketing limitations. We offer assistance in the transition to a full-fledged investment fund.
We leverage our experience in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space to tailored, high-quality services to help each client navigate the complex web of laws, regulations and practical issues implicated by cryptocurrency funds.
We also offer end-to-end fund tokenization solutions, which provide additional liquidity for traditional funds, access to capital on a global scale, ease of investor management and other advantages made accessible by blockchain technology.
Contact Us to Learn More About Our Fund Formation Services
- Introduction to Private Equity Funds
- Private Equity Funds – Formation and Operation
- Closed-End Fund Formation
- Private Equity Demystified – Explanatory Guide
- How to Start a Hedge Fund
- SEC’s Analysis of the Market for Unregistered Securities Offerings
- Tax Treatment of Partnership Funds and Mergers of Investment Companies
- Hedge Fund Basics – IRS Guide
- Opportunities in Private Equity
- Private Equity in the Developing World: Determinants of Transaction Structures
- Hedge Fund Fully Managed by Artificial Intelligence
- Sample Limited Partnership Agreement of the Fund
- Sample Real Estate Fund Formation Agreement
- Private Equity, Venture Capital and Hedge Funds
- Hedge Fund Basics – IRS
- Supporting Innovation Through SEC’s Mission to Facilitate Capital Formation
- Information and Observation on State Venture Capital Programs
- Funds of Funds Arrangements
- Framework for Investor Analysis of Hedge Fund Governance
- Implications of the Growth of Hedge Funds – SEC.gov