Our Firm assists in all aspects of the funds’ formation, governance, and operation.
- Defining the fund structure, strategy, and associated risks;
- Preparing private offering memorandums, operating agreements, partnership agreements, investment advisory agreements, investment management agreements and other documentation for the fund’s launch and operation;
- Preparing and filing Form D with SEC and submitting “blue sky” state filings, if required;
- Review of marketing materials and advise on the marketing of private equity and venture capital funds;
- Advising on foreign and US investor qualifications;
- Advising on AML/KYC compliance;
- If necessary, guiding through SEC and state registrations;
- Advising on applicability of federal and state regulations, including broker-dealer legislation, FINRA rules, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, and the Investment Company Act of 1940;
- Establishing offshore feeders for foreign investments;
- Supervising offshore attorneys, fund administrators, and auditors;
- Advising in relationships with brokers, custodians, and other service providers.
Forming an incubator fund provides clients, usually emerging fund managers, with a cost-effective solution at the pre-launching stage of a fund. Incubator funds can be utilized to test the fund’s strategy and develop a track record before marketing the fund to outside investors.
An incubator fund can usually be established within a few weeks, while the incubator phase typically lasts up to a year. The cost of establishing an incubator fund is usually affordable for emerging fund managers but tends to depend on the number of participants, chosen structure and jurisdiction (domestic or offshore).
We handle all the paperwork expeditiously to get the incubator fund running and seamlessly guide our clients through the incubation phase, including all operational and marketing limitations. We offer assistance in the transition to a full-fledged investment fund.
We leverage our experience in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space to tailored, high-quality services to help each client navigate the complex web of laws, regulations and practical issues implicated by cryptocurrency funds.
We also offer end-to-end fund tokenization solutions, which provide additional liquidity for traditional funds, access to capital on a global scale, ease of investor management, and other advantages made accessible by blockchain technology.
Contact Us to Learn More About Our Fund Formation Services